Saturday, March 12, 2011

John & Jan back in Bangladesh!

John and Jan Thorpe have left the piles of beautiful snow on the coast of Maine to move back to Bangladesh -- long-term, indefinitely, committed. I'm amazed.


I had the exciting opportunity to surprise them at the Dhaka airport when they arrived. I hadn't counted on meeting up with them until my spring break, a few weeks after their arrival. But when I realized they were arriving Thursday, I figured I could easily miss and make up one day of class for this chance to be with them in their first 24 hours back in the country.

We'll be spending my spring break together, in the tea gardens of Srimongol with some of my teaching colleagues.

One of the many benefits of their arrival is that I was able to retrieve the camera chord that I'd left in Maine, which is part of the reason I've been so delinquent and unmotivated about posting blog entries. They're just not as fun without recent photos. I'll have to play some catch up too, since I've finally gotten my photos from Christmas break in the States. Admittedly, the other reason for my blog neglect is that I'm teaching overtime, and it's midterms week.... and I need to write 3 midterm exams.... so I'd better sign off for now!

4 comments:

  1. John Piper would be proud. They're not hanging out in Florida collecting seashells the rest of their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool they moved back!

    What are they going to be doing?

    Oh..and I can't wait to see current photos and hear recent stories...I always love reading your entries!

    ReplyDelete